Posted June 6, 2019, and effective until position is filled
Position: Therapist, Independent Contractor
We are seeking a Private Practice Therapist (LPC, MFT, LCSW, or Licensed Psychologist) to join our growing practice as an independent contractor. The ideal candidate would provide 20 or more client hours/week (face to face) and would be comfortable a caseload of 50% teens.
- Masters or Doctoral Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Marriage & Family Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, or related field of study
- Oregon license as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Psychologist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). We are not accepting applications from therapists without an Oregon professional license.
- At least 4 years of relevant documented experience of work in the counseling field post-degree with teens/families and adults.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English (bilingual in Spanish or other language is a plus).
- Ability to work independently yet also as an effective team member.
- Proficient in the use of email and electronic health records (training provided for EHR), as well as strong organizational skills to manage scheduling, fee collection, and care coordination for clients.
- Private practice experience is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Offer professional counseling services to teens families and adult with mild to moderate mental health conditions via individual counseling, family counseling, couples’ therapy, and/or group therapy according to counselor specialty.
- Maintain current professional license in the state of Oregon.
- Maintain current malpractice liability insurance (can start at the time of contract).
- Conduct counseling sessions with scheduled clients using professional counseling standards in accordance with individual treatment plans; document treatment plans, counseling sessions, assessments and interventions according to professional counseling records standards; complete a comprehensive assessment and develop a diagnosis and treatment plan for each client.
- Submit electronic billing and accept payment through the electronic health record (training provided) in a timely manner.
- Be professional and courteous in all written and verbal communications with clients, colleagues and the community.
- Follow legal and professional counseling obligations, such as HIPAA compliance and confidentiality, as well as all federal, state and local legal guidelines, license criteria and applicable Code of Ethics.
- Maintain professional conduct in step with the brand and mission of the
- This position is an independent contractor Position (1099 form for IRS tax purposes), not an employee position—benefits are not offered. The contracted therapist chooses the hours in conjunction with office space availability (various times available between Monday through Sunday, 8AM to 8PM).
- Compensation is based on the number of clinical hours completed each month, with 65% for the contracted therapist and 35% for Newberg Counseling & Wellness (negotiable once a full caseload is established). Full-time Private Practice counseling is generally considered to be at least 20 face-to-face client hours per week (about 80 per month), with an overall caseload of 30-50 clients. The earning potential depends upon insurances accepted and clientload; motivated clinicians working three full days per week on a consistent basis could produce a yearly salary around $50–70K plus. Building a case load and retaining clients effectively takes time, so a ramping-up period of lower income can be expected in the first six months to a year.
- Newberg Counseling & Wellness will provide the following services for all contracted therapists: (1) Shared comfortable office space and waiting area; (2) Access to and training in Electronic Health Record use, fee collection; (3) office staff support for billing services and new client phone inquiries; (4) all marketing, e.g., photography and video (as needed), profile space on the Newberg Counseling & Wellness website, profile on PsychologyToday.com (paid for and managed by Newberg Counseling & Wellness), and social media campaigns to introduce therapists to the community and to promote community workshops and group therapy offerings; (5) Assistance with the credentialing process with insurance companies; (6) Wifi (in the office), email address, and direct voicemail.
Potential for You:
- Have you been looking for an opportunity to spread your wings as a therapist? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, hungry for something new and alive in your work with clients? Do you have a heart to see healing and change in the lives of your clients? This job could be what you have been looking for.
- We promote a positive, supportive, and flexible work environment where all are treated with kindness and respect. Plentiful and free onsite parking in a clean, attractive professional setting. Therapists working in this type of contractor relationship have the freedom to prioritize the face to face work of therapy without having to worry about billing, space, phone intakes, marketing etc. Newberg Counseling & Wellness is now an established, thriving business with steady referrals and a strong reputation in our community.
- The freedom to be the clinician that you want to be; developing your personal style as a clinician and having time for self-care and enrichment. You will have the opportunity to create your counseling practice, thriving in your treatment niche and specialty areas as you build your career. You will have the freedom to create and collaborate, to form new groups, workshops, write blog posts for the website, and create meaningful therapeutic content through the NC&W brand. Work hours are flexible, and can include weekends and evening if desired. This position also includes opportunities for mentoring regarding private practice counseling.
Interested candidates should submit (1) a cover letter, explaining your experience and interest in the position, (2) a resume, including all education and work history, and (3) three professional references to:
Susan M. Doak, LPC (owner of Newberg Counseling & Wellness), at firstname.lastname@example.org
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT SUBMIT ALL THREE OF THESE REQUESTED ITEMS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.